Friday, September 3, 2010

Making Room- How we found out

If you haven't heard yet, we are 12 weeks into a twin pregnancy!

Part One: 4-6 weeks

The weekend after July 4th was kind of a crazy one at the Robinson house. I had a feeling there was a chance that I might be pregnant because I had felt really tired when Alex's parents were visiting earlier in the week, and I remember not feeling that tired since Will was coming into existence. That particular weekend, Alex had some how come down with strep. It was kind of scary for me because I don't think Alex has been that sick before in the 4 1/2 years we have been married. Thankfully Will and I remained healthy as we nursed Alex back to health.

Saturday July 10th, I took off to the nearest drugstore to get some things for Alex and an early pregnancy test for myself. I was trying to not get into the cycle of buying a million pregnancy tests, but I had a pretty good feeling that I was going to get a positive result.

I came home to a very sickly Alex, resting in my recliner (I got it for my birthday last year before Will was born, so its MY chair! lol). I gave him some meds and quickly rushed to the bathroom. I was right! And it quickly gave a positive result (we will come to find out later why!)

I wish I could say that I told Alex in some creative or romantic way, I even thought about waiting until he felt better, but I couldn't keep my excitement in and I thought the good news would help him feel a little better. So I went into the living room and told him :) We were both excited, but Alex was really feeling sick. And I needed to keep my distance in case he had the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment