Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sleep sufferings...

So, up until recently, we had been blessed by a baby who slept really well.

Since turning 6 months, our full nights sleep have gone completely out the window. Some of it is my fault, I am sure. I haven't been very successful at setting up a bedtime routine. I need to be better about this. Swaddling and bouncing him in the chair have worked so well for us up until now. I've also done a poor job at getting him to sleep well during naps, or even setting official nap times for that matter.

So now I'm trying to figure out what is best, to let him cry it out, to try some other techniques. I feel like a failure because I have no clue what to do with him at 4 a.m. once I've gone through my checklist of crying solutions.

Ehhh... I just wish he could go to sleep one night, sleep well, and then he'd be set from then on out.

Going to try some sort of bed time routine tonight and then lay him in his crib drowsy and un-swaddled, which is most likely going to result in lots of crying and me going back and forth...

No comments:

Post a Comment