Thursday, December 23, 2010

And now we wait...

Update 2:

Well, it has been over 24 hours since my water broke yesterday. It only broke for one baby, baby A (Luke) who is the one closest to the exit and head down. Right now both babies look good and I still haven't gone into labor!

I am here indefinitely at the specialty hospital until the babies arrive, which one doctor told me that ideally it would be best if I can go to 36 weeks. (Will was born via c-section at 38) So that could be 8 more weeks here unless one of two things happen, which would cause them to do a c-section earlier. If I begin to develop and infection (which they will know if I begin to run a fever and have tenderness in my stomach) or if I go into labor. If I go into labor, they will check me once I start having significant/repetitive contractions. They will probably wait to check, so as to not expose me to any bacteria that could cause an infection.

Last night I had several contractions that were 5-6 minutes apart, but they finally died down around 7 am and I have been contraction free since then. My mini victory for today is that I get to take the fetal doppler monitors off for 6 hours, unless I start contracting again! Alex and Will should be here to visit soon and I'm looking forward to being able to play with Will not being strapped up to a computer monitor.

I have received to steriod shots to help prepare the babies lungs in case we have to deliver early and I am on an antibiotic and iv until tomorrow to help fight infection. There is a possibility that tomorrow I might get to wear real clothes! whoo hoo!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and support. I had no idea this would be coming so soon, and at Christmas time. If you want to help, I've posted a note titled For those who want to help with ideas of things that would be helpful. As far as what I need here in the room, I'm not really sure yet, i'm taking it day by day!

You are all great and we are lucky to have you as friends and family!

Jamie (and family)

No comments:

Post a Comment